Becoming a member of the School Safety Association of BC is easy and has many benefits.
Membership benefits include:
- Networking opportunities with other H&S professionals in BC’s Education Sector
- Sharing safe work procedures, compliance documentation, and other resources among BC school districts
- Zone and regional meetings of SSABC members
- Professional Development opportunities in occupational health and safety
- Timely and sector specific advice on issues arising
- Collective solutions to NEW requirements and challenges shared by all BC districts.
- Representation with authorities and agencies overseeing occupational health and safety initiatives – WorkSafeBC, BC School Protection Program, BC Ministry of Education, etc.
- Affiliation with other sector associations – Education Facility Managers Association of BC, BC Association of School Business Officials.
- Annual conference
There are two ways you can become a member of SSABC:
- Download the registration form and submit your fee by mail. [ 2020 Registration Form ]
- Register online and submit your fee ($80) by PayPal (Visa/MasterCard). [ Register online ]
Download [ Membership information – pdf ]
ACTIVE MEMBERS $ 80.00
“Active Membership may be taken out by any person employed by a British Columbia School District or post-secondary educational institution whose responsibilities include occupational health and safety. An Active Member in good standing with the Association has the right to vote.”
“Associate Membership may be taken out by any person employed by a British Columbia School District or post-secondary educational institution whose responsibilities include organizational occupational health and safety. An Associate Member in good standing with the Association does not have the right to vote.“
“Honorary Membership may be conferred upon any person who has rendered or is rendering outstanding service to the Association. Honorary Membership shall be conferred by majority approval at the Annual General Meeting of the Association. Honorary Members shall have no voting rights and shall not be required to pay membership fees.”
Please make all cheques payable to the “School Safety Association of BC”. MasterCard and Visa are accepted.
PO Box 19023
1153 – 56th Street
Delta, BC V4L 2P8